To better meet student needs the following Photo Facility policies will be effective immediately. No existing reservations will be affected.
- 1 hour reservations for photo film processing. Starting on the hour (ex 10am, 11am, 12 pm, and so on). Max 1 per week. If you need a 2 hour booking email email@example.com with your availability. If you are 15 minutes late your reservation will be cancelled.
- 30 minute -4 hour reservations for printing and scanning stations. Max 4 reserved hours per week.
- You need to have an in class demo before using equipment or facilities. Have necessary information to follow the process with you. If you need help understanding the process reach out to your teacher before coming to use the facility. The photo area staff are happy to answer questions and trouble shoot but cannot walk individuals through entire processes.
- Any new Processing reservations for Sink A or B will be one hour starting on the hour (ex 10am, 11am, 12pm, and so on).
- If you need a longer reservation email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Please plan ahead to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- If you are more than 15minutes late for your reservation it will be cancelled. To avoid this cancel or reschedule your reservation in the patron portal in advance.
- If you prefer longer than 15 minutes to load your film you may show up early to your reservation to start loading film (except for 10am reservations).
- One processing sink reservation per week per student. If you need an exception contact your professor. Professors will forward requests they support to email@example.com and they will contact you to create another reservation.
- The darkroom will have more traffic please remember:
- Cut negatives at a reserved epson scanning station or in the photo finishing room Ansin 208.
- One person per sink.
- No gatherings or meetings in the photo area.
You will still have time to process your film. The Photo Team will have ways to support users if they go past their reservation time.
To assist in finding a time to book in the patron portal you can look at this google calendar.
Link to calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=smlm173p2lqn8p1h4r2d37d03rh0tbet%40import.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York
Scanner and Printer reservations:
- Digital stations will now have reservation windows of 30 minutes - 4 hours. The maximum reservation hours per week is 4 hours.
- If a station is unreserved and available you can book it or continue to work at it or start to use it.
Video overview of how to access the Photo Facilities
0:45 Area map tour
1:52 Where to find information and sign forms to get started.
2:50 Web checkout - Patron portal login, intro, and guidelines.
6:07 Booking a reservation and how to deal with errors.
8:30 Web checkout - changing and cancelling a reservation.
The Photo Area is open to students enrolled in Photo classes and specific 16mm courses that process film.
Facilities Use Contract
Prior to access read and sign the Facilities Use Contract to familiarize yourself with the area policies. You need to sign this form before you can reserve facilities through web checkout. Please give us two business days to manually confirm your access. Link Here
Reservations are recommended and can be made through the Web Checkout Patron Portal up to one week in advance. We appreciate you making your reservations online when you can help maximize social distancing. Link Here
For assistance booking, you can come to a monitor station, call 617-824-8767, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Processing and Scanning
All Photo workstations, processing, and computers will be given 2-hour reservations. You can book one processing session per week and one digital session per day. The Processing Sinks will need to be booked for two hours starting at an even hour (10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, and 6pm). If you book a Photo Processing sink starting at another time we will cancel your reservation and email you to set up a time that follows the guidelines. We are following this schedule to maximize availability. Scanning and printing stations can be booked for 2 hours. Reservations start 15 minutes after the area opens and ends 15 minutes before close.
The 16mm processing sink will be booked for 3-hour time slots and can only be booked in advance online by students in Alternative Prod Techniques. If reservations are still available within 24 hours Photo Staff can book the sink for Photo students.
The area hours are:
We are not open holidays.
The facilities include these stations for all photo students:
Two B&W Photo Processing sinks
9 Epson V850 scanning stations with network printing to Epson Sure color printers.
With faculty approval advanced photo students will be granted access to:
1 large format printing station
2 Hasselblad scanning stations
16mm students have access to:
Sink C with 16mm chemistry
EDC contract session link: